Jalapeño Spicy Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a notoriously fatty condiment. That’s why I opt for the fat-free version of mayonnaise which is significantly less caloric (significantly as in 10-15 calories per tablespoon) and healthy! However, as it is with most foods, without the fat, it doesn’t taste as good. This is where spicing up mayonnaise with your own tastes comes in! Today, I chopped up jalapeños and garlic, then blended them in with my fat-free mayonnaise! The result was a firey new mayonnaise which went well with the fried egg I had for lunch.
I’m sure this jalapeño infused mayonnaise will work great on sandwiches. I can’t wait to try it!
- 1 1/2 medium-sized jalapeños (you can add more if you want)
- 3 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chop up jalapeño and garlic into small pieces. You don’t have to chop them up too much since the food processor will do all the work for you.
- Put jalapeños and garlic into food processor and pulse until you are left with small pepper flake sized pieces.
- Add the mayo and chipotle hot sauce to the food processor and blend! You can keep blending until it has the consistency you desire.