Tomato and Onion Broiled Salmon
Moms are overwhelmingly considered to be the best cooks in the world. It is hard not to get nostalgic of all the family recipes a mom has cooked for her family. There is this one recipe that I love so much that I had to try to make it myself. So when I went to Giant to pick up the sales flier, I was delighted to see that Atlantic salmons were on sale. They were $5.99 per pound I believe. Walking through the cold seafood isle in just shorts and a tee-shirt, I found a nice 1.55 pound package. After picking up the salmon, I called my mom to ask her for the recipe to the broiled salmon she cooks. The recipe was quite simple and the rest of the ingredients necessary I already had in my kitchen. Hence, I rushed home to try this delicious salmon recipe out.
- 1-1.5lb Atlantic Salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1 White Onion
- Season the salmon with a thin sprinkling of salt. I added about 1-2 tbsps.
- Chop and dice the onions and tomatoes. Then blend them in a food processor.
- Place salt seasoned salmon in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice all over the salmon.
- Layer the salmon with the processed tomato and onion mixture.
- Place salmon into broiler at 400ºF.
- Watch for browning at the top of the salmon. Once the tomato and onion mixture begins to broil. Take the salmon out and place a foil sheet over the entire dish.
- Let the salmon broil for an additional 30-40 minutes!